I JUST REALIZED THAT I DIDN’T TALK ABOUT THUNDERFURRIES THIS WEEK
But that was mostly because I was too busy being delighted by Tygra and Cheetara to form any coherent reax.
My favorite thing that many people don’t seem to notice about their relationship is that Cheetara is just as cocky as Tygra is.
And she likes that he’s awesome at most things because she too is awesome at most things and so they can be perf together.
THIS IS A THUNDERCATS REAX POST
- Lion-O’s wooing skills are my favorite thing ever. I SEE OFFERING FLOWERS AND LURKING BEHIND STUFF STARING LIKE A CREEPER AT THE OBJECT OF YOUR AFFECTIONS IS A FAMILIAL THING. Precious doofy darling.
- Also bishie sparkle slo-mo Pumyra was amaaaaaaazeballs.
- I just love that Lion-O is like SHE IS SO PASSIONATE AND INTENSE GOSH I HAVE NEVER MET ANYONE LIKE HER WHY WON’T SHE KISS MY FACE.
- NO NO NO NO NO NO NO on the LOVE POTION. NO. Can we just eliminate them as a trope forever and ever and ever? Especially if we are not going to acknowledge that DRUGGING PEOPLE WITHOUT THEIR KNOWLEDGE IS HORRIBLE.
- That said, high as a kite Tygra was hilarious and I do believe was mostly just an homage to an OS serious episode in which Tygra was also… high. THE 80s!!
- I also enjoyed Cheetara’s :/ing at smiley, happy, joy and giggles Tygra.
- She’s not into that.
- CHEETARA: “THIS IS LITERALLY THE LEAST SEXY YOU HAVE EVER BEEN.”
- Panthro always gets the best lines: “If you can’t beat it… RUN IT OVER!”
- Also, GODZILLA VS MOTHRA. K then.
- I saw some people being like BUT WHY IS PUMYRA BEING ALL WEIRD ABOUT LION-O NOW? And I don’t think she’s being weird! Like she was obviously interested and getting to know and like him better, but that doesn’t insta-translate into NOW WE R DATING without any kind of acknowledgement of… anything. Plus let’s all acknowledge that Lion-O’s wooing skills are not exactly cutting edge. I mean she was kinda getting into the flower until it pollened her! And it’s not like he remotely approached her directly at any other time! Yet, at the end, she clearly had figured out what he was getting at. SHHHH BE PATIENT. THEY ARE STILL DISCOVERING THE SECRET GARDEN OF WONDERS.
- And we end with Tygra making a YOUR FACE joke. Brotherrrrsssss :)
“Why don’t I feel good about this, Tygra?”
Tygra and Cheetara’s interactions in “Ramlak Rising” set the tone for how their relationship will continue to make itself quietly known throughout the season, leading up to the reveal in the finale.
They are regularly ranged together, apart from Lion-O and the cubs, and a connection is further implied between them as they communicate with shared looks and wordlessly work together to free the cats when they are captured. Of particular interest, and something that is often repeated later in episodes like “Song of the Petalars” and “Old Friends,” Tygra and Cheetara engage in side conversations. Often these conversations have a commiserative or joking tone, and the key aspect is the casual familiarity between them.
Under the cover of the Lion-O/Cheetara red herring, Tygra and Cheetara should be nothing more than recent acquaintances, connected primarily by their respective relationships with Lion-O. But they interact with an easy humor and comfort that speaks of the reality of their long relationship and in a way that — despite his sometimes being the topic under discussion — is completely separate from their connections with Lion-O and entirely particular to them as individuals and as a pair.
Why is there so little fanart of Thundercats and Tygra/Cheetara out there? :(
This is a great show guys! It has action, it has moral/character dilemmas. It has complicated but subtle romance. It doesn’t completely sabotage your life…
I just don’t understand why it’s not appreciated more by people my age. Or maybe it is and it’s the younger folks (20 and under) that are not into it because they never watched as children…
It’s okay. I’ll just sit over here and write some Pumyra/Lion-O fluff….