Q:How do you feel about comic Sif? Do you read the Marvel-Norse comics?
I traditionally hate Thor comics because they are all terrible. I have no strong opinions on comics!Sif except that they done her wrong constantly much like every other lady in comics history.
As to the second part, I think they don’t get her [Lois Lane], because I think they don’t get Superman. There’s a need to “gritty” everything, to wash out the idealism of iconic characters and replace it with what I’ve heard some writers call “realism” or “making them relatable.” This, in turn, comes from the belief that Superman cannot possibly be Superman - the argument that no one who had his power, his ability, would ever be so noble, nor so idealistic, nor so altruistic. It’s a fundamentally cynical approach to the character, and I believe one that absolutely and unequivocally misses the point. It’s an approach that ignores Clark.
Watson and Holmes #1 is out right now!
It’s the regular colored edition. The black and white “Noir” edition will be out soon.
In case people weren’t aware, it is out right now! :D
It only costs $0.99. I AM PRETTY EXCITED NGL
FREE PRINCELESS COMIC
Now that I have your attention, this is a repost for all of you who don’t read a post unless it has a picture attached to let you know that Bleeding Cool currently has the entire first issue of Princeless up for you to read for free!
All we ask is that you reblog, retweet, repost, and otherwise pass it on. If you enjoy the book, you can pick up the first collection in only a few short weeks. And, of course, if you’re eligible vote at http://www.eisnervote.com
at this point, I feel like whenever DC refers to their “plans” for Cass and Steph, they are in fact referring to their plans to keep these characters and all possible storylines for them hermetically sealed away in a vault
hidden deep within the Earth’s crust
its location and contents never to be revealed
@#$% YEAH, SPIDER-WIFE’S FIRST OFFICIAL GIVEAWAY!
Enter to win your very own copy of Spider-Man/Mary Jane: You Just Hit the Jackpot! This trade collects a number of different MJ-centric stories from over the decades, including many of my favorites. There’s work by Stan Lee, Gerry Conway, both the Romitas, Tom DeFalco, Louise Simonson, Alex Saviuk … the list goes on. The book is equally enjoyable whether you’re an old fan who’d like a neat compilation of highlights or a new fan who needs an introductory primer to MJ-lore.
HOW IT WORKS
- Like or reblog this post to enter. You can do both to enter twice.
- You don’t have to follow to enter, but it sure would be nice if you did!
- Please don’t use multiple accounts to get extra entries. I’m relying on the honor system for this.
- Contest closes at midnight EST on December 13th. You can look that up in your time zone here.
- Your askbox must be open so I can contact you if you win. If you don’t respond to my message within 24 hours, I will draw another winner.
- I will ship to any address, anywhere, but make no promises on shipping times. If the winner is outside the US, I am not responsible for any customs fees you may have to pay upon receipt of package.
- Book is in mint, unread condition but has been stored for several months in a household with a cat. Photo is stock from Marvel.com, as the cover is literally so shiny I couldn’t get a clear shot myself.
d’you ever get the feeling that everybody knows dick’s secret identity, but they pretend they don’t because they all feel sorry for him because he’s just so awful at it?
LOOOOL I like how he didn’t protest and just gave up immediately. “GOSH I GUESS YOU CAUGHT ME MA’AM!”
People… dying… my life… worth… more… than… theirs?
Show your support for Cassandra Cain in the DC Women Kicking Ass Tournament! She is an amazing, compassionate hero whose only goal in life is to save people. And she will save anybody. This is the girl who takes seven bullets for an assassin.
She deserves far better than the meager scraps DC has thrown her for the past six years. She’s been exoticized, villainized, side-lined, and ignored. TELL THE WORLD (mostly DC) how much we miss Cass Cain, and need more heroes like her.
She is the LAST woc left amongst the finalists. Please vote!